Monday 9 June 2014

Joining up the blocks!

I finished the middle piece in my quilt today and trimmed the blocks and joined them together. This is a view of the two blocks sewn together from the back. 

Back of block

I have used QAYG again for the blocks and middle piece. This is a view from the front once all the blocks are assembled. It has 4 Log Cabins, well that's what I was aiming for! And they weren't quite big enough so I created a strip of simple strips of the same fabric collections and added this to the middle. I did plan to have 6 of the log cabins which I did finish but when I tried quilting the final 2 it kinda went to pot so I decided to go with the center piece instead. I think it works and is nice and bright for summer. 


This is a photo of the quilt top with the backing I've picked. The colour really goes with the top and I love dots!


I love this colour green and it goes with a lot of the fabrics I have so I will definitely be getting more. Now I just need to decide if I use the back to bind to the front of the quilt seen a great tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew not done this before as I've only just started quilting but like trying something new. What would you do?

Thanks for visiting, Nog, Pepper & Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment