Thursday 5 June 2014

First Baby Quilt!


Well I did it! 

I made my first "Quilt As You Go!" baby quilt. I've used Riley Blake fabric which is a fabric obsession. I love the quality and wide variety of gorgeous prints. There is something for everyone. I've used a 50% cotton and 50% bamboo blend for the wadding and it has a lovely feel to it. It's modern straight line quilting, well that's all I can do! I think they are spaced about 1 inch apart. 

I constructed this by starting with the centre piece and worked out wards and then up and down. The binding is pieces of the scraps that were left which I love and this was suggested by mum. The back is a lovely bright turquoise. 

The quilt measure about 26 inches by 28 inches and is aimed at use in the car or a Moses basket.

There's tons of help and information out there on the web but the most helpful websites I've found for quilt as you go projects are Stitched In Colour  and Flutterkat and Maureen Cracknell . These ladies are so inspirational with a great way of explaining what to do and how to get going. I'd never quilted before but was able to create this all from their fantastic tutorials and I now follow them on Bloglovin. Please check them out they are amazing. 

Thanks for visiting Nog, Pepper & Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment